Tuesday, June 19, 2007

There's the man I love!
I met Jay six and a half years ago when he moved here from Kentucky to attend MCC. Actually, we met when I was fourteen when he was here visiting family. His cousin, Chris Clifford, was my best friend and we all went to play tennis together at Kino. I beat Jason. I still love rubbing that in. When I was sixteen Jay dated Tecia Freestone when he came to visit. Chris and I always ended up going along so it would be a group date. Chris and I were just friends (we said we were just like cousins) so we spent most of the time making fun of Jay and Tecia.
Well, Jay went on his mission, Tecia got married, my best friend left on his mission and I was left here alone. I had sworn off dating after a horrible relationship ended and I just needed a best friend. In came Jay. We became close friends right away. I actually had a crush on Tyler, his cousin, so I really just viewed Jay as a good friend. One night we were all watching a movie at the Farmer's house (there were at least ten of us) and Jay came in. Shelene leaned over and commented on how good looking Jay was. That was the first time I noticed how hot he really is!
He moved here in December of 2000. We went swing dancing his first week here, we started dating in February, were engaged by April and were married on July 6th! We have been completely happy ever since. (No marriage is perfect, but we sure do love each other!)

Jay does everything he can to be the BEST father and husband he can be. Our girls love him soooooooo much!

We have been through a lot in the last six years, but he has stood by me through it all without complaining (which is pretty darn amazing!). We have become a stronger family and we love our lives!

Jay absolutely loves the outdoors! Luckily the girls and I do too. We have so much fun rappelling, shooting and off-roading together.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!

2 comments:

Tyler said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tyler said...

I'm up late studying... Well, trying to study. I was checking out what you all were doing and saw the fork picture... Yes, good times. Remember the apartment on Extension and the craziness? Good times.