Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Tender Mercies of the Lord!


I know what you're thinking. This is a picture of Jayne holding onto a rickety old cart at DI, but it's what's INSIDE the cart that matters in this story!

While cleaning my room this weekend I realized we needed a bookshelf of some kind to act as a nightstand as well. I found a cheap thing at Walmart.com that would kind of work. I wasn't thrilled because it really wasn't going to match anything, but I keep all my medical binders, etc in my room and I needed a better place to keep them. So... Jayne and I were on our way to Walmart and I decided to hit DI just to see what we could find. We were looking for a book case and weren't finding anything. As we went to leave I passed this night stand. It may look like a beat up old thing to you, but it is the matching piece to the one on Jay's side of the bed. My parents got it for me about ten years ago.
The best part... it was only $15 bucks!

So I brought it home and cleaned it up and it looks great. It holds all the binders perfectly and matches! I have a matching set!!! I am grateful for little miracles like this that let me know someone is watching out for me!

I tried to make it look nicer in the first picture, but in reality it looks like this:





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Find. I never have that kind of luck. I thought DI's were only in Utah. I am now sadly mistaken. I remember when I went one time here in provo I was walking in and I saw this grandma putting latex medical gloves on her grandchild. I couldn't stop laughing. What's she going to get...a life threatning disease? HAHAHA, Let her be a kid I thought.

IronLawGirl said...

Awesome!!! I hear you also found another treasure at DI....Back to the Future!!! ;)

Holly said...

I love that you took a second reality photo.