Thursday, June 21, 2007

Rachel-isms

I have started collecting all of Rachel's funny sayings. Here are a few:

"Arrrr. I'm a girl pirate!"
She says this with one hand on her head like a hat and the other hand over an eye. Absolutely adorable!

"I win! I get ALL the trophies!"

"Mommy, don't be scared. I am a GIRL monster." Said in a sweet, high-pitched voice.

"Mommy, I have YELLOW pee!"

Mimi: Are you done or are you poopin’?
Rachel: “Get me a magazine.”
Daddy goes straight to the bathroom when he gets home from work for some Jeep Magazine time. When he has a magazine we know it's going to be a while.

"Get away from me or I'll hit you!" She says this to Jayne and Sara when she needs some space. She makes a fist to show she's serious.

"Yes, your majesty!" Sometimes this results in a slap on the mouth.

Kristin McPhie: "What would you like for lunch?"
Rachel: "I would like a sandwich OTHERWISE I would have to wear a bib with the soup."
We certainly don't speak like this so who knows where her vocabulary is coming from!


Now for Jayne:
DDD Suport Coordinator: "You have such pretty dolls!" (our Wizard of Oz dolls from McDonalds)
“They aren’t toy dolls, they are a collection!”
I do let my children play with toys, just not those!

"Mommy, you are the bestest mommy I ever had!"
two minutes later...
"Mom, you are the worst mommy I’ve ever had!"

"Daddy, you make the best food ever!" (left-overs that Mommy made the day before, but it’s always better when daddy serves it.)

"Mommy, I love doing chores!" (I take advantage of this because I know it won’t last long!)

I asked Josh if he could think of anything funny that the girls say. Here's what he wrote:

"I think that the three thing is still my favorite from Jayne.(with explanation that she flipped people off) Other than that, all I hear her say is "No!!!" and "Stop! That is not how I said to do it!". Rachie is just hilarious. She should have her own show!"

The "three thing" is probably the funniest thing in the world if you aren't Jayne's mom. When she was three years old she decided that she would count her "own way". Her thumb was one. Her pointer finger was two and her middle finger was three. She would only put one finger up at a time which meant she was giving everyone the birdie when she said three. My aunt Duffy would always get a kick out of asking her how old she was at church so she would flip people off.

And last but not least:
Cam's famous prayer. A few years ago we were all sitting at the dinner table on Sunday when Cam gave the following prayer:
"Bless the missionaries, those who are out of continent and those who are incontinent.”
We all started laughing soooo hard, even my dad!

5 comments:

ashley said...

I Love the "Yes, your Majesty!" HA! how can you look at her with a straight face.. or do you?! Does Jay ever just start laughing?... I know Chad would which would make it harder to get her into trouble! I loved this post.

Holly said...

Love the comments. Kids say the funniest things. Max has been saying the funniest male-oriented ones that I am trying to avoid posting. I hope girls don't have the same obsession!

Bowman Family said...

Ashley, Jay does not tolerate any of it. If she is disrespectful at all she gets a slap on the mouth and is rushed off to her bedroom. Somehow he is able to pull it off. She doesn't settle down for me no matter what I do.
I did laugh yesterday when Rachel got into the entire box of bandaids and covered her leg (pics coming - I promise). I got upset and she said, "Mommy, I made a brace for my leg just like yours!" I couldn't get angry - she is just trying to be like Mommy. :-)
The "Yes, your Majesty" caught me off guard the first time. I laughed so hard. Lately it has been in a really snotty tone so I haven't thought it was funny anymore!
Oh, children. It's a miracle that they live to be adults. It's cute sayings that keep them alive I think!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I didn't realize what a horrible speller I was. Had to delete and start over. Those were funny! I wish I had written down more of Thomas and William's comments so I could look back at them. Love Cam's Prayer!