So I've been in bed with the stomach flu for a few days and have had some time to think about things. That's always dangerous, but it just happens. So here are some of my random thoughts.
Why did God think he needed to allow the temperature to go over 100 degrees? What purpose does that serve? In the eternities when I have my own worlds I don't think we will exceed 100 unless there is some scientific reason and necessity.
Next thought: How come I was never forced to read any of the Bronte sister's works in High School? I am reading "The Tenant of Wildfell Hall" and I am in LOVE with it! Way to go Anne Bronte! Too bad she died before she could write another classic.
How is it possible for children to destroy a room in less than two minutes when it takes at least ten times that long to clean it up? Notice I am not including pictures of my house. It would frighten you!
What is it about flowers that can brighten your darkest day? I am not sure about that one, but I know it works! (Thanks to Beth for the beautiful birthday flowers!)

I suppose that's enough randomness for one day.



5 comments:
Get feeling better soon! I loved your commentary on my blog, too funny, especially the desert rat bit. If you come up with an answer to the destruction and reconstruction question, let me know!
I am sad you are sick (cause I HATE HATE HATE to be sick and have much empathy for you) but you are very funny nonetheless... and I enjoyed your thoughts completely. As far as the hot temp, I think that is so we will have a glimpse of what it will feel like for ETERNITY if we are bad. We will BURN!!! Well, not exactly, but it does deter criminal activity.
About the kids being totally more efficient at destoying a room than I am at cleaning it... I think that they (meaning smart researcher peoples) should create a syrum from child adrenaline (in a way that brings no harm to our precious babies, of course!) and inject it into us moms so we can share some of the energy wealth!!! And as far as the picts of the house being unpublishable... we should start an awareness association... MOMS WITH TRASHED HOUSES BUT THAT'S OK CAUSE WE ARE GOOD MOMS AND HAVE GOOD KIDS CLUB...
And I am totally going to check out that book (OK, it will probably take me a year... but sometime in my life I want to read it -- thanks for the recommendation!)
And hope you get feeling better!!!
If anyone is looking for some STUNNING photography of beautiful scenery and even more beautiful children, check out my cousin Holly's blog.
Karen,
Ahhhh, now I remember why we are such good friends... our dimented senses of humor. Jay read your comments and said, "Isn't it funny how you find out who your closest friends are?" Yes, some of you may not get our humor, but I know that we know it's funny so there!
As far as the "deter criminal activity" thing - is that something that you have to remind yourself of every day to keep things in check? :-)
You have inspired me and I believe I will take pics of my trashed house and start the "MOMS WITH TRASHED HOUSES BUT THAT'S OK CAUSE WE ARE GOOD MOMS AND HAVE GOOD KIDS CLUB" today! Please join me!!! It will be fun!
Love you girls!!! :-)
You are right - some people don't think dimented people like us are funny AT ALL... but we are totally funny and it is their loss.
Post a Comment