The day from... well you know!
Rachel was worse than she has EVER been yesterday. She woke up in a screaming tantrum and it went all day until she fell asleep last night. I was too busy trying to deal with her and get to all of the appointments, etc. yesterday that I didn't get any pics of her messes but I thought I would write about them anyway.
While she was eating her "fruities" (fruity peppbles) she decided to balance the bowl on the arm of the chair instead of the table. Please note that this is where "craft time" was in the other pics and I still hadn't cleaned that up off the floor yet. I asked her to put it on the table and went into my room to get dressed. I heard a bowl hit the ground and came out to find an empty bowl of fruities on the ground. That's right, the cereal hit the wall first then slid down and fell on the floor. The baseboards and the wood flooring don't quite meet so I have cereal under the baseboard, all over a wooden tv tray, the chair, and about a five foot radius around the bowl. All of the craft scraps were covered. The best part is that we were suppose to meet the Pope's at Cinemark in less than a half hour. We had the tickets so I couldn't just call it off. Rachel proceeded to throw the tantrum of the century for the next hour because she didn't want to go potty in the toilet.
OK, the next mess happened at about 3 or 4 pm when I decided I just couldn't handle her anymore and put a movie on and fell asleep in my bed. I woke to hear Jay's voice, "What the heck happened here?!!!!" I just pretended to be asleep. Jay wouldn't let me see it until he cleaned it up. Rachel had emptied a quarter of a bottle of baby powder on the bathroom floor, the entire wood floor in the living room and the furniture. She used her hands to decorate the furniture so there were little white handprints on everything. We just don't know what to do with her! Spanking definitely doesn't work - it eggs her on even more. I am thinking about putting the pack n' play back up and sticking her in there for a few hours at a time - j/k. Any ideas?



5 comments:
Meg, I feel your pain! We have one of those too... and we put him in "time-out" over and over again and nothing works. He just gets more excited about getting into things. Let me know when you come up with a solution... :)
I am glad to know that I am not alone in the world! I mean I am sorry for you too! Hopefully it is just a phase and they will grow out of it.... tomorrow!! BTW: Your girls, well the whole family is so dang cute!
I just try to remember what President Hinckley said about their big spirits in such little bodies. But it doesn't always help. ;)
Oh my goodness, I thought Max was going to send me to my grave. You are very lucky to have a great hubby to clean up for you. Eventually this stage will pass, right? Please, please, please!
I have no advice because we can't figure out what we are doing wrong with our kids. I have had two books come highly recommended, I just haven't ordered them yet. The titles are something like Easy to Love, Difficult to Discipline and Love and Logic. Both are supposed to be good for the strong-willed child. Let me know if you need more info or if you read them before I do. Maybe a stressful childhood means an easy teenager?
Holly, I actually checked out the Parenting with Love and Logic book last year but I couldn't ever find a moment to read it so I took it back after skimming through it. It seemed like a great book. Maybe I'll check it out again.
I am glad everyone else is struggling with their kids. It's so much harder right now because it is 114 degrees outside so I can't just shove them outside! Jay tells me to do it anyway, but part of their problem is heat exhaustion from swim lessons so I don't think it will help any of us!
AHHHHHH!
Thanks for all the advice! I love you guys!!!
Post a Comment