Well, we watched Dyan's dog for her while they were in San Diego last week and Shiloh was so happy the whole time. She has been so lonely and we just haven't been able to play with her as much because of the heat.
Jay and I decided to get another small dog this fall. We were looking at "toy dogs" but they all look like rats or like little puff balls. I hated them all! We realized that since the word "FREE" was really the most important part of the search we would probably end up with some little mutt. Anyway, we did agree that our favorite mid-size dog is a beagle.
Once again the tender mercies of the Lord have been shown to our family! Jay went to work on Friday and mentioned to a co-worker that I had agreed to get a second dog finally (Jay's been trying to convince me for a few months). Tom told Jay that he has a really old beagle and he bought a purebread beagle puppy to give his dog someone to play with. They have fought since day one bacause the puppy is so hyper. He has wanted to get rid of it, but his wife wanted it to go to a good home with children who would love him.
Jay picked up Dude on Monday night. We didn't tell the girls until he pulled into the driveway. They are so happy! Shiloh and Dude get along great!
(His name is Dude because Tom took him to Petsmart when he first got him and as soon as he put him in the cart he had a huge accident. Tom said, "Dude, why did you do that?" and the name stuck.)
Shiloh is a year old now and we think she is about as big as she will get.
She is a mix of St. Bernard, Black Lab, Heeler and Basset Hound.
Dude is 100% beagle. He is 9 months old.
We are happy to have him as part of our family!



2 comments:
You are a very brave woman. Dude is a very cute dog and I wish you lots of luck.
AHHHHH, I love the way you dress your girls in summer dresses. Lydia will love dresses weither she likes it or not! They are so cute with Dude....he is beautiful dog. If we ever get a dog, I want a beagle. "Bob the Dog" has had a large infulence on that decision, but I have to keep reminding myself that Bob is not normal....AT ALL. He thinks he is to human.
Post a Comment