Monday, July 16, 2007

Today was insane and I have some pretty funny stories about Rachel's doctor's appointment, but I will save those for tomorrow.
Tonight I just want to focus on the beautiful weather. The monsoons have finally decided to show a little and it is wonderful. It was 113 degrees today and very humid, but going out into the "rain" and feeling those drops sprinkle down on my face tonight made it all worth it! I love the smell of the monsoon rain. It is so different from any other rain. I think it's God's way of telling us he loves us. After all, without rain we would definitely feel like we live in Pergatory!
Hooray for lightning lighting up the murky sky! Hooray for thunder that shakes away the heat. Hooray for raindrops that give hope to our starving trees. Hooray for Arizona when the Monsoons arrive!

3 comments:

Kaylani said...

Meg, it's so true! I was in bed next to Jake and I stood up. He asked where I was going (it was 10:00). I told him, "outside, the monsoons have arrived and that's what I do, go outside." I trhink he always thinks I'm a little crazy this time of year, but it makes the summer bearable.

Jennifer said...

Sad. I missed it. That is my very very very favorite part about Arizona. There was a little dust storm while I was there, but no monsoon rain...

ashley said...

Beautifully said meg!