Friday, August 03, 2007

July 28th was a very special day. Grandma and Papa Bowman were in town and they spent the entire day with us! We were still kindof celebrating Jayne's birthday so Jayne got to pick the events for the day.
She had a pioneer primary activity day so she asked Grandma and Papa to come.
I was asked to be the photographer and I recruited Sara to help so we had Rachel there as well. It was really fun being together!
Jayne in her pioneer get-up with her "pet" Shiloh.
The children made ice cream in bags and it was wrapped in a towel with ice.
They had to shake it and "play" with it so it would actually freeze and turn into ice cream instead of sugary milk.
Hence, the "pet" idea instead of carrying babies on their trek.
(Shaken baby syndrome is not something we really wanted to teach them!)
Papa and Jayne
Grandma and Rachel


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AHHHH, looks like a fun time. I love the look a like picture of you and Grandma and the cracker barrel pictures. I think we are a like were we don;t go anywhere wtih out our camera. Sad thing is, today my camera gave out. It was time for a new one though, so a shopping I will go! The video of Jayne singing cracks me up! How cute was that. Leave it to the Uncles to teach them things we wouldn't, gotta love them!

Anonymous said...

Hey Meg!
I just happened to be blog lurking (ha ha) and found yours! How much fun it is to see your family events and activities! I can't believe Jane is 5. Turning five is going to be hard to top...watch out next year! Looks like you guys had a blast! Check outmy blog...itzcraazy@blogspot.com
Love ya!
Shannon ;)

Bella Beginnings said...

looks like the event well well and so fun to make their own ice cream! Good work on the photos!