So I've been thinking, which probably isn't the best thing for me to do, but I did it anyway and here's something I stumbled upon:
"To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did. When God takes something from your grasp, he's not punishing you, but merely opening your hands to receive something better. The will of God will never take you where the grace of God will not protect you."
I like this quote because it brought a little bit of peace to my troubled mind. When I was in therapy on Friday (yes, I go to therapy... If you knew me two years ago before I started you would notice that I am a lot less psycho now) Michelle, my rent-a-friend, said something profound: "You have a willing spirit. Your spirit wants to accomplish EVERYTHING in life, but you have a body that is genetically predispositioned to not allow that. 'The Spirit is willing, but the Flesh is Weak'." I think I already knew that but was hoping that one day someone would tell me that it was ok for me to try to do everything and make everything all better by myself. This weekend was kindof hard as I realized how important boundaries really are. I think of boundaries as helping me in my relationships with others, but I think it's a lot harder to give myself permission to set boundaries for my Spirit. At least I know that some day this body won't hold me back anymore. Until then I will just keep my hands open to what God has to give me.
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
I love that quote Meg. Where is it from?
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
I really like the quote Meg thanks! I feel like that too, that my spirit is willing to do SO MUCH, but time and other limitations prevent me from doing it all.
That's a great way to see life, Meg. I wonder at myself so many times as well. Why do we think we have to do everything the best and all the time? It just isn't possible! I've learned there are times and seasons to life and it's okay to do the best you can in the season you're in. even if that means my best is playing with the kids and staying home. It's the little things that count! ;)
Post a Comment