- Jayne had her Spring Sing at Westwood and she was delighful to watch.
- I had a meeting with Matt, the director of LDS Family Services, and was asked to serve as a Coordinator for the SOLE Program (Survivors of Life's Experiences). I will be called as a ward welfare specialist working with LDS Family Services. I am really excited!
- Jayne had a few CRS appointments and is doing so well! She is going to have one more round of Botox next week in her left arm and hand. Her orthotics and the kinesiotape are working perfectly so she won't have to have surgery on her hip and leg! Hooray!!!!!!!
- The girls had their Spring Dance Performance and they were adorable!
- We played sand volleyball with the Budges and some other friends... so much fun. I have some great videos and pics of all of us old people throwing ourselves aroung on the sand like teenagers. I don't think any of us were walking right for a few days!
- Mother's Day was awesome! We got to talk to Aunt Katie!
- Rachel graduated from Carole Billings Preschool
- Cam graduated from Heritage Academy and was also ordained as and Elder two months ago. We are so proud of him!
- Jayne had her Kindergarten Awards Ceremony and her graduation party. I was in charge of the party and at the last minute the craft lady flaked out. I had the kids draw pictures of themselves and Mr Abrams then we cut them out and glued them in a very big "book" called "Mr. Abrams and Me". It was so fun. Who knew I could be spontaneously creative?
- We had Jay's family reunion the last week of May. We spent one night with my grandma and my mom (we all drove up in my mom's van after Cam's graduation), most of the week with Jay's family in Heber, UT and two nights in American Fork with my Uncle Scott's family. We ended the trip with one night in North Las Vegas with the Brewers. We enjoyed every minute of our trip!!!
- Here's an overview of what we did during the reunion at Bowman Air Force Base: We took flowers to the cemetary on Memorial Day and left them on the grave of the "Unknown Black American". Amanda feels close to this unknown man. We went bowling in the afternoon. Most of the plans for the week were ruined due to rain and crazy wind, but we improvised and had a blast! We went to the Kamas Pool the next afternoon. It's like an indoor heated water park for little kids. So fun! That night we made a mexican dinner that was amazing (if I do say so myself) and then went to the church for CO2 Dragster Races. Jay beat his brother Nathan, barely, but he did win! We had so much fun. The girls' car came in 4th place. Not bad. On Wednesday we went to a really cool barn in Midway and had family pics taken in our matching shirts. In the afternoon we went up to the mountains west of Midway and had a campfire, 4 wheeling, and dutch oven dinner. Gracy and Lydia burnt their hands on the dutch ovens. Lydia's burn was aweful! I was named "Nurse Meg" after it was all over. I have determined to take our nice, big first aid kit with us EVERYWHERE! Mom Bowman ended up admitted to the hospital in Heber for pnemonia. She was able to come home each day but had to go back for three days straight for IV antibiotics. It was hard seeing her suffer. That night we had a Baby Shower for Maggie once the kids were in bed. The med watched from the balcony with total confusion on their faces. We really hammed it up for them. The guys played Halo Capture the Flag late into the night every night. It was 3 against Mark most nights and they finally beat him on the 3 rd night. We all hung out on Thursday and the cousins had a playstation party while the rain and wind picked up again. We had such an awesome time with everyone!
- We came back early so I could do a funeral luncheon for Carmen Curtis. I am still the compassionate service leader. My parents helped out a lot and saved the day. I couldn't have done it without them. We were at the church until 7pm on Monday. It was a little crazy, but everyone was happy.
- So now we are on summer schedule with dance, swimming and lots of movies! I came back sick with bronchitis and it's kindof slowing us down, but we are still having a good time.
So that's basically the update. I will have pics soon. :-)



1 comment:
So glad all is well, albeit insane!
Post a Comment