
No, this is not our new dog. In fact I hope to never see a German Pinscher up close again. Let me explain...
My dad, myself and some other homeowners have been painting the common walls of the HOA every Saturday for the last three months. We are saving the association about $16,000 by doing it ourselves and we have had a good time too! We were finishing up today and we had to go back through and paint over some spots where water damage had occured due to broken sprinklers. I was working with Mike, a retired man who is so wonderful, and we were having a great time. We needed electricity for a few minutes to finish a spot so I went door to door looking to find someone home. As I approached the fifth house I looked in the gate and didn't notice any dogs so I went up to the front door. As I came closer I heard something coming around the back of the house... two somethings actually. I now know that they were two very vicious German Pinschers. They came at me baring their teeth and after I let out a girly scream I told myself to calm down so they wouldn't kill me. It seemed to work as they circled me deciding which part of me to start with. All of the sudden the owner came flying around the back of the house and tackled one of the dogs. He handed it off to his wife and grabbed the other one. I asked to use the electricity and he was happy to help. He went to the garage and realized the door was locked. I started toward the gate and he went to get the key in the house. He let go of the dog and all the sudden I felt major pain shooting from by backside down my left leg. He bit me! The owner asked if he had "nipped me"? "Nipped" no attacked! I didn't want him to feel bad so I said I was fine and walked out to the street. My clothes were still in tact so I figured I was ok. Long story short, I had a really scary day as the anaphylactic shock kicked in. By 4 pm my face was swollen and I just wanted to go to sleep forever. Thank goodness for good meds... I am feeling better now. I am just a little sore in the rear! :-)



2 comments:
If I had a gun I would have shot the thing!
Post a Comment