Monday, June 09, 2008

We had my birthday dinner at my parent's house last night... I was still sick, but it was a lot of fun. I turn 27 tomorrow (June 10th) and Jessie turned 28 on Friday so we had a combined dinner that was delicious and had ice cream with candles. So fun. I didn't take any pics...gasp!... because I still don't have a USB cord for my camera and I am sick of taking pics and not being able to download them. I was also just too tired.

Anyway, my parents went big this year... my mom got my van detailed (for those of you who have seen my van you won't believe how it looks now!) and as part of the detailing they glued on my rear view mirror. Driving is really so much better when you can see behind you! My dad came on Saturday and borrowed my van for "some errands". He came back with two new tires!!! Last year my mom replaced two of them and the old, old ones were ready to explode so I am thrilled!!! The van is actually going to last a while longer!

Jay is taking the girls shopping at Deseret Book tonight. There are two new books by Brandon Mull that I have been dying to read! I was walking Rachel to the bathroom last night at my moms and she was so upset. She held my hand and looked up with her big brown eyes and said, "Mommy, I forgot to get you a present!" I told her that daddy was going to take her shopping to by some books for me. She got really excited and said, "Dora books like mine!?!" She used her b-day money from Mom & Dad Bowman to buy Dora books at Walmart. She is so funny. I told her that I enjoy reading those with her, but I was going to get books with more words and less pictures. She cracks me up.

For Rachel's b-day last month she went on a double date mini-golfing with Jay, Cyanah and Damien. She thinks it is the best way to go! So easy and so fun. We got her a little CD player for her room and she dances in there all day with the other girls in front of the mirror. At one point I am hoping she will share it with Jayne so they can dance in front of the big ballet mirrors in Jayne's room. It's still a little touchy. Rachel is LOVING having something that he older sister wants so bad. I can't say I blame her. :-)

Well, the kids are all asleep so I better climb back in bed and get a little rest. Today is going to be a long inside day but we should survive! :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY HAPPPY BIRTHDAY SISTA!!!! Hope you have a good one. I wish I was only going to be 27, you make me feel old! Eats some cake for me and enjoy those new tires and clean van!

IronLawGirl said...

Happy Birthday Meg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
love you!!

Photography By Jo said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! Sorry I'm a little late.

Anonymous said...

Hey girly-
Wishing you a happy late b-day! Sounds like it was a lot of fun! Welcome to the 27 club! ;0