Thursday, January 24, 2008

Wow, it's been a while. A lot has happened this past week and I haven't been able to do much other than just hope it all gets better...

Our dog, Shiloh, had a litter of 16 puppies last Wednesday. 13 survived. That's a whole lot of puppies! I helped with the 5 hours of delivery and had a really great, educational experience. It's too cold outside for the puppies right now so we had them all in our living room. Thursday night I had my first anaphylactic reaction to them. (I have always been allergic to our dogs, but they stay outside so it's not a big problem). As the weekend went on things just kept getting worse and worse. By Monday morning I was so sick my parents came and kidnapped me and my girls and moved us in to their house. We stayed there until the couch and carpets were cleaned and the house was "de-dogged" enough for me to come home. I came home last night and it's been wonderful! I have been living on Benedryl, Inhalers & Prednisone... so fun. hahaha These next five weeks are going to be interesting.


Jay installed a doggie door in the garage and built a bed for the puppies so I don't have to be near them at all. He is so wonderful!


Please don't think I am complaining... I am just sharing some more fun moments in our life! I should be able to post some pics later this week. I will include two for now...


These were taken when the puppies were just a few hours old. So cute!!!


2 comments:

Crissybug said...

Wow! If I was allergic to dogs then I don't think I would let us have one! You are so kind to go through all of this "fun stuff" in order to have a family pet. Hopefully all the wonderful drugs will help you to feel better. Aren't you glad that we live in a day where we have medicine to help us!?

Holly said...

They are so precious! How lucky to have family nearby to kidnap you and get things under control, good luck!