Tuesday, January 08, 2008

52 Blessings Project


I ran across this idea on my friend Crissybug's blog. She is posting a picture and a description of something she is grateful for every week this year. President Hinckley has said that the sin of this generation is ingratitude. I think this is a great way to overcome the weakness of looking for things we want and not being grateful for what we already have been blessed with. Thanks Crystal!



Week 1:


That's right - my man in orange! He is the best husband I could ever dream of. He is so supportive and he treats me like a queen. Well, not a prissy queen but you get the idea. He respects me for who I am. He is so patient, especially when I have friends who need my time to talk things out or get a good cry in. He is incredibly smart (shhh, he doesn't like anyone to know that) and he is a jack-of-all-trades. I love this picture because it's one of his "live and learn" moments. It took him all day to clean the sludge off of the driveway. And yet he is still so happy.

Some of my favorite things about Jay:

  • He is always so willing to serve.
  • He is a worthy priesthood holder.
  • He loves his calling - Assistant Scout Master
  • He spends time with the girls every night before bedtime. He sings with them and puts them to bed for me.
  • He is always willing to help around the house. No chore is beneath him. He never says anything about working all day and then coming home to work some more. (That is what I would be saying!)
  • He loves to take his girls on dates.
  • He loves to spend time with me doing anything. Even if it's not his favorite thing to do.
  • He loves working outside with the dogs or in the garage. He really takes pride in his work.
  • He is always willing to take groups rappelling, shooting or off-roading even though he's not a social guy. He would rather do everything by ourselves but he respects my need to socialize. :-)
  • He isn't against getting dressed up by the girls and playing prince with them.
  • He cooks some mean spaghetti.
  • He has dealt with so much of my garbage over the last six and a half years and he is still sticking around. That says it all! True devotion!

I LOVE YOU JAY!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a lucky woman! Jason has such a kind and loving heart. I was always so proud to call him my brother growing up. For the most part people thought we were always twins. Not because we looked alike, but b/c they knew we were in the same family and so close in age and height.

Crissybug said...

Yay - thanks for joining in! Jay really seems like such a wonderful guy!

Holly said...

This is a great idea!