Happy holidays from the Bowman Family!
We decided to do things a little differently this year.
Here’s what’s going on in our lives, in our own words.
Rachel:
“I am 4 ½. I go to Mimi’s house (Meg’s mom) for preschool everyday. We even do park days and play days. I have fun at the park. Also, I love dancing at dance class. I am having fun with Christmas. I am so happy that it’s Christmas with our Christmas tree up. I most love my monkey and my teddy toys. I want to see Aunt Katie when she comes home (from her mission).”
Rachel loves to dance and sing and choreograph dances for the princesses (the imaginary ones who live with us because their parents died). I guess you could say she takes after Meg more than Jay with her sense of humor.

Jayne:
“I am 6. I wish that Christmas will come soon. I am in 1st grade. I like having mommy at school. I love my family and friends. I got to give a talk in the primary program. I help my dad feed the dogs and do my chores. It makes me happy. I took dance again and I am in two classes. One dance was about rainbows and the other class was about “Papa, won’t you dance with me?”
Jayne “graduated” from Physical Therapy earlier this year, but still continues with Occupational Therapy. She had Botox again in her arm and hand this year and so far it looks like we may be done with it! It has worked wonders due to her hard work. She loves to make up songs and direct musicals with her friends and Rachel.
We decided to do things a little differently this year.
Here’s what’s going on in our lives, in our own words.
Rachel:
“I am 4 ½. I go to Mimi’s house (Meg’s mom) for preschool everyday. We even do park days and play days. I have fun at the park. Also, I love dancing at dance class. I am having fun with Christmas. I am so happy that it’s Christmas with our Christmas tree up. I most love my monkey and my teddy toys. I want to see Aunt Katie when she comes home (from her mission).”
Rachel loves to dance and sing and choreograph dances for the princesses (the imaginary ones who live with us because their parents died). I guess you could say she takes after Meg more than Jay with her sense of humor.

Jayne:
“I am 6. I wish that Christmas will come soon. I am in 1st grade. I like having mommy at school. I love my family and friends. I got to give a talk in the primary program. I help my dad feed the dogs and do my chores. It makes me happy. I took dance again and I am in two classes. One dance was about rainbows and the other class was about “Papa, won’t you dance with me?”
Jayne “graduated” from Physical Therapy earlier this year, but still continues with Occupational Therapy. She had Botox again in her arm and hand this year and so far it looks like we may be done with it! It has worked wonders due to her hard work. She loves to make up songs and direct musicals with her friends and Rachel.

Meg:
“I am really enjoying life right now. I love my job. I love being where Jayne is and I can’t wait for Rachel to come next year. I love the kids, the teachers, and all of the close friends I have made. I finally feel like I have found my place in life. I am starting the EMT program at SCC in January. I am hoping to take over the Health Assistant position at our school when it becomes available in the next few years. Until then I am happy as can be as an all day Kindergarten instructional aide. I have continued my work with the SOLE (Survivors of Life’s Experiences) Workshop this year at LDS Family Services and have been working as the co-coordinator this past fall. I will be taking a break from the groups during the spring, but will continue working as the Ward Welfare Specialist. My health is better than it’s been in years. I have been blessed with fantastic doctors and physical therapists who have truly performed miracles. I have also discovered the joys of Wii Fit. I think you could call it an addiction. J I did daycare for Stacy and Ivanah Hardy from December through August. I still watch Ivanah. She is just like another daughter to me. She is 7 and is in 1st grade. She and her family are such blessings in our lives.”
Jay:
“Well, life is pretty much the same for me. I am still working at Caliber Signs as a metal fabricator. Fortunately we are still in business and staying busy even with the recession. I am still in scouts (5 years now) and I still love it. The second love of my life (after the family of course) is the jeep that has now sat in the garage for close to three years. It is still not drive-able but the motor finally runs which is a big step in the right direction. I have to say my family has been very patient and full of understanding while I have tackled this project. I still do not feel like a competent mechanic but they sure have a lot of faith in me. I still get a chuckle when Meg rolls her eyes at how big and loud the jeep has become. I don’t think it was quite what she had envisioned. Our dog Shiloh had 13 puppies in January, with Dude’s help. Meg has managed to get rid of 14 dogs all together this year (long story) but I still have my Shiloh and my parents just took Little Miss, one of the pups, home this last week. They are truly mans best friend. That is pretty much what my life consists of right now: Family, Work, Scouts, Jeep, Pups.”
We hope you have enjoying this little glimpse into our lives.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!
Love,
The Bowmans



1 comment:
what a cute Idea! I might just have to steal the idea for next year!
Post a Comment