Funny story...
Well, it's funny now. At 2am on Christmas Eve it wasn't very funny. Let me explain.
Jay started his Claridge Christmas Pudding late on Tuesday, the 23rd. By the time it was in the coffee can ready to boil for three hours it was already 10:30pm. He had to work at 5am the next morning so I volunteered to stay up and add water every 20 minutes until 1:20am. I was so tired, but I had a movie to watch so I let him go to bed. I was doing great. The movie ended and I put water in at 1:05am. Just 15 more minutes to go. The next thing I knew I woke up startled and realized that the smell and sound I was hearing was the pot boiling dry. I looked at the clock and it was 1:50am. Oops. I walked into the kitchen as the smoke alarms went off. They were so loud and so annoying. As I went to pour water in the pot the can caught on fire. The flames shot up as I poured water over them. At this point I was so annoyed with the alarms that I screamed for Jay to come turn them off before they woke Rachel up. I turned to look in the bedroom and couldn't see Jay at all from the smoke. It's been a week and I think we have finally gotten all the smell and smoke out. Thank goodness I walked in when I did. I really don't want to replace the kitchen.
Christmas blessings!
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
wow! What an adventure!!! I'm glad you woke up and you didn't ahve to get a new kitchen
I did that once with cinnamon rolls. Fell asleep with like 5 minutes to go till they were done baking, and woke up to crispy crispy crispies. Lame.
I'm glad your smoke detectors work. I'm always buring things and our alarms never go off. It concerns me. Have I done anything about it? Well, nope.
It was so good to see you Tues. BTW, you have great skin. I know that is a totally random thing to say, but you do. Good skin tone. Afterwards I remembered that you use Mary Kay. I got to thinking, "Maybe I should use Mary Kay. So I can have skin like Meg's."
Post a Comment