Monday, May 21, 2007

Well, I decided to actually put some thoughts down instead of just pictures for once. These past few months have been crazy. Please don't judge me by my disaster of a house in the following pictures. Please remember all that our little family has survived since the first of the year and just be grateful your house doesn't look as bad as ours!

I am amazed at the resilance of children. They struggle a bit with all of the drama in our lives, yet for the most part they just keep pushing on. Having fun. Coping. I wish I could cope as well as they do sometimes. Sometimes we all just cry together. This last week was one of those times. Both girls had hand, foot and mouth disease and were so clingy and needy. Jay had a few days of work where he left at 5:30am and returned home around 6 pm or later. I found that the only way to cope was to lay in bed with my girls and cry together while we watched movies. Somehow the weekend arrived and things seemed to get better.

Going through the temple with Katie was such an amazing experience. It reminded me so much of my experience amost seven years ago. She was so prepared. She studied and took in everything she could so she would understand the covenants she was making. It was such a great reminder of how dedicated I was to attending the temple so many years ago. My life revolved around it. I couldn't get enough! Now we go when we can, which seems to never be enough! It made me sad, but at the same time I was rededicated to find that love and drive that seemed to have left.

I can't believe I have a little girl going to Kindergarten next year! It is overwhelming! Rachel is so ready for preschool so that is no big deal, but I have so many worries about Jayne. I know she is going to do so well, but it's ok for me to worry, right? Isn't that what a mom is suppose to do? It's times like this that I realize what I really have become - a mom. Unreal. I didn't expect it to feel like this. Mom's with kids in school are "old". I don't feel old enough to be doing this! Maybe maturity is the issue. I don't feel like I can commit my life to the school with everything else clammoring for my attention. I guess it's time to live by faith and prayer and hope everything turns out ok.

Physical therapy has been interesting. I am constantly amazed by Kathy and Rhene, my PT and PTA. They are the best out there and I am grateful for that. They put up with my whining and worrying. They push me and help me see what I am capable of. I can't wait to get my degree and work with them! They are good at what they do and they are even better friends!

What else is on my mind lately? My mom is in the Bahamas for the week with a friend from church. She was given a week at a timeshare in St. Thomas and her husband couldn't join her. She works for the airlines so my mom was able to go on a buddy pass. I keep thinking of my mom and I don't think she could be happier than she is right now laying on the beach reading a book. I am happy for her. It just goes to show that "if you do good things, good things happen"! (Earl Hickey)

So this may show my addiction to TV, but Gilmore Girls ended and I just don't know what to do with myself. I think I will still make my girls dance in the living room with me singing the opening song every Tuesday night. That will be my coping mechanism... we will see if it works!

So I guess I will end this session of "What's on Meg's mind?" and go hook up the tens unit and ice machine to my knee so I can get the pain down to a dull roar. Until next time! :-)

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Meg! Hello! It has been a long long time... Your girls are so cute- I love all the pictures. It sounds like you guys have had a rough few months. What happened to your poor knee?? And yes, isn't it devastating to think that we will have to find something else to do every Tuesday night at 7:00?? How can life go on?!

Bowman Family said...

Hey! It has been a long time!

I hurt my knee helping Jay load an engine block into the back of a truck at the beginning of January. We thought the meniscus was torn, but when they went in they found a perfect medial meniscus. The back of the patella was shredded and there was lots of blood and bruising on the PCL. So basically the recovery will be twice as long and the doctor is totally confused as to what is going on in there. PT seems to be working well so we will hope they can take care of things so I don't have to have another surgery.

Thanks for mentioning my cute girls. Your little boys are adorable!

As far as GG's (Jay refers to Gilmore Girls as GG's) I don't know what to do. Maybe I will dedicate that time to intense scripture study. haha Maybe not. I do think life will go on, but my weekly adventures in Stars Hallow won't. It really is sad!

Layton Clan said...

Mrs. Meg... what a trooper you are. That whole leg incident is quite horrible, and I wish I knew about it so that I could bring you dinner, or flowers, or some sort of ice cream treat. By the way, this is Jen Layton (Jen West). You are such a great mom, and wife, and your daughters are beautiful! So good to see you are doing well!!! Jen

Bowman Family said...

Thanks Jen! Wow, it's been over a year since I saw you last. How's married life? The first year is the hardest isn't it? It does get better and better as the years go by.
We need to get together when Faith is in town! I miss all of you girls!
My knee is fine. Well, I hope it will be eventually. :-) It's just part of life. I am just glad to be getting fixed little by little. This year is going to be rough, but it the eternal scheme of things it really won't be that bad. Three surgeries and one hospitalization should be enough to last for a while, right? hahaha

I can't wait to hear from you or see you again!

Have a great week!

Jennie said...

Oh Meg! I love reading your thoughts...you crack me up. I'm so sorry that things have been tough for you and your family. I can't believe how big the girls are now! WOW! Trevor enjoyed looking at the pictures of your knee while I winced. :) We also had a good laugh at Jay's idea to modify the girl's Dora Jeep. HA!