Jay asked me if it was time to remove our blog link from our email because I don't do anything on it anymore. I was hurt. Then I went to the blog and realized how pathetic it is. Facebook has made it so easy to share loads of pictures with family and friends without the wait and limitations of blogs, but I find that I don't have an outlet to write anymore. I think writing is theraputic. We have had so many changes in our lives over the past 18 months. So many things that I haven't slowed down long enough to process.
I think I am going to post about one aspect at a time. Today is our house. We lived in our first house for almost 7 years. The last two and a half were spent fighting with banks/mortgage companies who were obviously using the government to make money off of us. So we gave in and forclosed after a hard-fought battle. Luckily we are able to live in my parent's tiny rental home in the same neighborhood. This is the same home that Josh, Dyan, Katie and Jessie have lived in at one time or another. Lots of memories there. It's where Josh proposed to Dyan. I am determined to make lots of our own memories there.
The move earlier this month proved to be more emotionally trying for my kids than myself. I think with everything being so un-constant in the last two years I have actually learned to move on and look for the positive in what is coming. Kids aren't as resilient. We had a hard time explaining to them that a home is where your family is. If you aren't together in a house, then it's not your home. Lots of crying. Jayne would say things at the grocery store to the cashier like, "We are being KICKED out of our home!" Not the best timing to be able to handle that as kindly as I could.
One HUGE blessing in this move has been purging our lives of so much junk. We were able to get rid of a ton of our belongings at our Relay for Life yard sale where we made over $400! It was easier to part with nice things that we love when it was going toward fighting cancer. After that we took 7 loads to DI and Goodwill over the next two months. We are now at the point where there are about 12 boxes on the back porch and if there isn't a place for them to fit nicely in our home, they go to DI. I am amazed how wonderful it is to be clean and free from "stuff". I am definitely a pack-rat. This has given me the opportunity to turn over a new leaf.
My kids are all in one room and they love it. My girls are so in love with their little brother and he adores them. He also loves teasing them and being in the same room enables that.
All in all life is great. We are still struggling with all aspects of our lives and seam to barely keep our heads above water, but somehow it works out. :)
Sunday, May 27, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Amen! We certainly were not expecting to end up in a smaller apartment over someone's garage but the Lord knew what we needed and just like you, downsizing has had wonderful benefits!
Post a Comment