"I'm so sick of being sick!"
That's a phrase Jay hears a lot from me. This week I've said it a lot. I have been down with the flu since last Thursday night. It all started with a super high fever, convulsions, respiratory problems and went downhill from there. This is the last week of school and it is killing me not to be there with my kiddos for their last four days. It's now 1am and I am realizing that I probably won't be going back this week. I keep telling myself that if I want it bad enough my body will get better right away. It dawned on me tonight that rest probably is the only thing that will work. I don't have the patience for that.
I missed school on Friday, Rachel's 5th birthday swim party on Saturday, another b-day party for a friend on Saturday night, hearing my parents speak in church on Sunday for the last time, our last Sunday dinner before they move, and now the last Monday and Tuesday of the school year. I went up to my mom's house for a few hours today... she thought I would go stir crazy if I didn't get out of my house... and all of their furniture is gone. I have missed the entire move of all of their furniture between the three houses here. They have one loveseat left. My mom's visiting teachers came today and they sat on the loveseat while she sat on a computer chair. She doesn't even have a table to sit at. It's really hard to take it all in. I am not ready for them to leave next week.
I have whined enough for tonight. Let's hope the next few days bring health to our home! :-)
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Hope you feeling better. Thank goodness your not hospitilized with that crazy Swine Flu. Two people at Mark's work just got confirmed medical reports from the hospital that they had the Swine Flu last week. They are still recovering and not back....it's been ten days. What's crazy is that they are Managers and who knows where they got it and who has got it now.
Get better soon. Congrats on becoming an EMT. You inspire me. Can't wait to see you all this summer. Hope your parents move went well. I know you all are going to miss them so much! Dad sent me pictures of Easter and you look soooo good Meg. Your withering away on me. Tell Jay and the kids hi!
Post a Comment