In Loving Memory...
Cyd has left a lasting impression on me. Not just because of the way she has raised valiant children as a single mom, but mostly because of her smile. It's contagious. As you can see below, she had that beautiful smile until the end. Nothing could stop it. She has taught me how to endure to the end and endure it WELL. That last part is something most of us struggle with. Cyd's smile should always be a reminder that it is possible, even in the worst circumstances.
I was able to visit Cyd with Josh and Dyan and my parents on Friday night. She had just been released from the hospital after a horrific surgery and had been placed in hospice that afternoon. We were on a special mission: my dad made some very special baby quilts for her to choose from and tie for her future grandchildren. She was so ill and hardly had any strength, but she pushed herself until she had tied a corner in each quilt. When we asked if she needed a break she would pull herself up and pound the table and say, "No, this is too important!"
I love you Cyd!
Thank you for teaching me how to rely on the Savior to help me through my trials.
I know that is the only way to truly endure it well.
We will miss you!




2 comments:
What an amazing lady!! You're so blessed to have known her.
I'm sorry to hear about her passing. I hope Dyan is doing okay with it all.
I got teary eyed about her determination to tie those quilts for her grandbabies.
Post a Comment