Thursday, May 01, 2008

I AM STILL HERE!
I know some of you may have wondered if I was still blogging... I am. Life is just crazy and it won't get any better for a month or so. Don't you just love May? hahaha It's like everything that can be scheduled in the year all hits in May and December. Jayne had her Spring Sing last week and did an awesome job. She is so serious about her music! I have some video that I hope to post later, but I can't garantee anything.
The girls have their Spring Dance Performance this Saturday night. They are SOOOOO excited! Their teacher tried to take some nice pictures of each class - they are on her blog http://www.danceloft.blogspot.com. I say "tried" because of a few children like Rachel who kindof make you laugh at the picture instead of appreciate the beauty. Check it out. Jayne is in the stop light costume and Rachel is in the black animal costume. Once again Jayne is so serious. She is such a professional dancer in the making... Rachel on the other hand is just in it for the fun!

The last post was about Cyd's passing. Her funeral was so inspiring. She was such an amazing woman! We laughed a lot at the viewing and the funeral - that's the Campbell way. I was handling everything pretty well until I saw her four kids (five including my brother Josh) stand in the front by her coffin. They are orphans and it breaks my heart! Josh gave the closing prayer and it was such a beautiful tribute to "our dearest friend Cyd". He had such a strong relationship with her which is funny because she didn't like him at first. He had to work hard to get her to let go of her "angel" Dyan. I think she finally realized that he wasn't trying to steal her daughter, he wanted to become her son. When they stood over the grave as she was lowered and tossed flowers onto the coffin I was overcome with emotion. My brother should not be the "head" of a family like this at age 23. He may have been a little immature growing up and made some choices that we didn't all think were the brightest, but he is a man now. He has grown up so much in the last year. He knew that marrying Dyan entailed all that has followed and all that will come. They are moving into Dyan's mom's house and will "raise" Kristi until she graduates next year. Parker is still living at home working on his mission papers. Justin will stay where he's at with his Aunt KT. So much sadness and yet this family has so much support and love that they will pull through. We love you Josh, Dyan, Justin, Parker and Kristi!

Well, I have to run again. At least I found a few quiet moments to get a few thoughts down. Hopefully the pics/videos will follow soon. :-)

1 comment:

ryan and berni said...

What a great mom and friend you are!!