Friday, March 07, 2008

Some of you know that I spend Tuesday nights volunteering for the S.O.L.E. workshop at LDS Family Services. I went through the program last spring after the medical nightmare year of 2006. This workshop has helped me in so many ways. I have met great women who are an inspiration to me and I get to work with amazing therapists! This work has given me such a great purpose in my life right now. It's so wonderful to be able to assist as women take control of their lives again and are able to move forward. I want to get the word out about this fantastic program!

I have included the following information for anyone who is interested in learning more:


S.O.L.E. (Survivors of Life’s Experiences)
is an 8 week workshop for women at LDS Family Services.

These groups are facilitated by two therapists, one female and one male. There are usually around 8-10 women in a group.
It is not a support group or group therapy – it is a workshop to teach skills and principles to cope with Life’s Experiences. If you have not received counseling previously you may need to set up a few sessions prior to beginning the workshop. The workshop will be most beneficial to you if your experiences and emotions are not so “raw”.

This next night session starts on Tuesday, March 11th and meets once a week for 8 weeks (no meeting during Spring Break). There are two session times available: Noon-2pm or 7-9pm. The day session will begin as soon as it fills up.
The cost is $150 which includes the workbook.
This workshop is for anyone dealing with hurt, loss, pain, abuse, or just a feeling of “stuckness”.

You can contact Kelly Oliver (Area Coordinator for S.O.L.E.) to sign up.
Home: 835-7455
LDSFS: 968-2995 ext. 108
kellye2of4@hotmail.com

No comments: