Margaret Patargaret. My new name acording to Jayne. You may have already known that my name is Margaret. If not, now you do. You may ask how a mother and father could look at a newborn baby and think Margaret was a good name. I have wondered the same thing for years. Don't get me wrong. I think Margaret is a lovely name for a grandma. Not a child. I keep trying to let go of my feelings about it, but it is my name and it keeps coming up. Today when Jayne called me "Margaret Patargaret" was the worst. She is always making up cute names for everyone (she gets is from my dad), but this name is definitely one that will not be spoken again in my house.
How do you feel about your name?
Thursday, February 07, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Oh, this makes me sad... and I did giggle a little bit. Well, Meg is one of my favorite names; so if I needed to name a child Margaret to be able to call her Meg, I probably would. For the longest time I wanted to name a daughter Megara Mahaz. You know, like on Hercules, just so I could call her Meg. Anyway, I bet my daughter would prefer Margaret. (Mahaz is still on my list of names). Oh! My children are going to hate me! :(
2 things...
First, I tried to just remember your blog, and forgot the "blog" after bowman family and got a totally different blog, it was kinda funny
Second,the name thing, I just had to respond to this one, most of the time I love having a unique name, except for meeting people, the first few minutes of your conversation is spent trying to teach them the correct way to say my name. But I wouldn't trade my name, it has a great story behind it.
At least Margaret is a girls name. My parents thought that Berni was just right for their only daughter. Go figure. Luckily I have grown to love my name. But I must say that my middle name beats them all. Meg, who could ask for a better name then Jo? Love you Margaret!
Post a Comment