Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I have been keeping everyone on facebook updated, but have failed to update here. Life is interesting and incredibly difficult right now, but still good. :-)
I am prepping for my first radioiodine treatment and this is the hardest thing I have ever gone through. I had to go back to work two weeks after my thyroidectomy so I wouldn't loose my insurance. I have been off my thyroid replacement hormones since the morning of the surgery. I have been on the low-iodine diet for 10 very long days. On Thursday I will have my TSH bloodwork done and if it comes back above 50 we are good to go on the radioactive iodine treatment for next Monday. My mom is taking the kids to CA for the week because they can't be around me at all for 7 days. I will be in the hospital for the first three days (thank goodness - I am allergic to the iodine). Then we get to repeat it all again in the fall!

I have such a great family and friends who are so supportive. My mom and Jay keep me going at home and Melisa keeps the kids safe at school when I can't think straight. I am so exhausted that I come home and crawl into bed and sometimes I don't wake up until the next morning. I won't be driving after today... almost crashed the car when I blacked out for a moment on the road.

There are so many blessings that have come from all of this. Right now I am too tired to write them and am falling asleep as I type so good night and God bless!

2 comments:

Holly said...

Best of luck Meg, you are in my prayers!

Lauralie said...

oh meg,
I have been thinking about you every day for the last few weeks. I hope that you can feel our prayers and know how much your family has touched our lives. I know you have a wonderful family, but if you need anything... even if its just someone to talk to, I am just a phone call away.
love you friend