Well, it's been a while. Busy, busy, busy. We spent all day Saturday (a week and a half ago) baking Danish Lemon Bread for our visiting teaching and home teaching families, our family, therapists, etc. Jay and I had a really fun time. It only took five days to deliver all of our Christmas goodies (with my dad's stuff) to half of the ward. We enjoyed it and I ran hard for the first time in almost a year. It felt so good! My knee feels great. :-)
I went to my 3 month follow-up for my shoulder with Dr. Weinstein and blew them away. I have better range of motion in my right shoulder than I do in my left now. I was suppose to loose a ton in my right so I guess it's a "Christmas Miracle"!!! Thanks Rhene and Kathy for pushing me in PT.
I got dropped from my insurance this month. We were appealing it and right before they set a court date a very nice woman called and told me that we really had NO chance of winning and that we would pay quite a bit afterwards. I contacted Jay's insurance company and found out that they will cover me and they will not hold any of my medical conditions against me. Everything will be covered from the start. That was the greatest miracle of all. We have been trying to get private medical insurance (not state insurance) for over five years now for me and haven't been successful. We were very excited! The only catch is that my insurance will be incredibly expensive. Jay was able to get a small raise and I was going to go back to work. We got a call this weekend and I started watching two little girls yesterday. Ivannah is 6 and is one of Jayne's friends. They go to the same school. Stacey is 6 months old. She is such a fun baby. So once again the tender mercies of the Lord are shown in our lives. We are so grateful that we have so many people who love us and are looking out for us. Thanks!!!
This week is a CRS week - two appointments on two different days. CRS is such a blessing and yet such an ordeal each time. Jayne has her 6 month check-up with the CP Neurologist today. On Friday she gets to show off her hand to the Botox doctor. It's been six weeks since the injections. We'll see what they say. We are hoping that the Botox phase of Jayne's life is almost over! :-)
We aren't doing Christmas gifts for our family this year because we are going to Disneyland in February. Our girls are really ok with it and it's been nice to not be running around all month shopping and going crazy. We have really been able to focus more on what Christmas is really about. For those of you who think we are horrible parents - Santa is still coming with some small gifts and they are getting gifts from Grandma and Papa Bowman and Josh and Dyan (they chose their names in the family gift exchange).
I guess that's all for now. I will post pics soon from all the Christmas programs, etc. So much fun!!!
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I'm so sorry about your insurance, what a pain. It sounds like things have really worked out well though, especially with your health - What a blessing.
That Danish Lemon Bread sounds so good. Have fun in Disneyland!
Post a Comment