Jay's family has a tradition of baking yummy Danish Lemon Bread each Christmas. Jay told me that his mom would bake it for all the neighbors when they lived in England and they would go out one night and deliver it and carol all night long. The first year I made 87 mini loaves and about a dozen large loaves. Jay came home and flipped. He asked why I made so much and I said that I wanted to carry on the tradition of taking it to everyone in the ward / neighborhood. He told me that they lived in the middle of nowhere and they only had three neighbors. It took all night to deliver because they had to walk so far. That was definitely a pertinent detail. After the first year everyone in the ward comments on how much they love the lemon bread.
This year I cut down a bit. Jay and I spent a whole Saturday at the beginning of December baking away.
Beth came for Christmas and requested some so I made another three loaves for her and her family. This time we let the girls help. It was so much fun!
Friday, December 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment