I have been fighting an asthma flare up companied with viral infections for a month now. It's been so fun... yeah right. :-) I missed two weeks of work only to be told that I don't qualify for FMLA because I didn't work enough hours last year. I don't qualify for short term-disability because asthma is a pre-existing condition. I was able to get six days of work in before it all caught up to me again.
I haven't been to church in a month. The weekends at home are getting old. This weekend turned into a very long one for me. By Sunday night I was having the worst asthma attack I have had since high school. Jay kept asking me at what point he should call the paramedics. I would give him guidelines, in brokem sentences and he would say, "So, now." I would convince him it wasn't "that" bad yet.
My pulmo ordered prednisone last night and I finally get to see him this afternoon. I took a pretty high dose last night and I haven't slept since I took it at 7pm. I was shaking and giddy until 2am. Good news is that my airway is finally opening up!
So the moral of the story is .... "Don't smoke crack!" (Adam Sandler, Waterboy)
Have a great day!
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Meg, I'm so glad you ended that with an Adam Sandler quote! ;) But wow! You poor thing! Well, I'm close again, so call me if you ever need me to take the girls!
Hi Meg!
So sorry you've been feeling so nasty. Hope you are able to breath free more often---but it would've been fun to be giddy with you at 2 am!!! ;)
Post a Comment